Monday, May 25, 2009

Our weekend

Well this weekend we were BUSY!

From the previous post I wrote about Grandpa Wheaton's 80th bday dinner...and we were there until around 10:30 pm...so a late night for Chloe!

Saturday we had a baseball game and the Express (Adam's team he is on) won their game 6-3...but there was an injury...JT had to go to urgent care to have 12 stitches (which funny enough is also his jersey number)...and he is okay.

That night we had a few friends over to watch the UFC fight and JT did make it out...so I baked him peanut butter cookies (his fav too.) That was another late night but a fun night too.

Yesterday Express has another game and unfortunately lost...BUT on the bright side I was in the sun all day wearing SPF 70 and only got a little sun burn on my nose and left arm. YAY. Chloe also made a new friend named Ashley. She now has 2 girls that come to the games to play with...Ashely and Hailey. It makes going to the games more fun for her now that she has friends to play with there.

Today on our Monday off....Adam relaxed and watched sports...Chloe played in her room and outside and I sewed my first (well actually second) clutch purse. Here are some pictures. It's the first pattern I have attempted to follow on my own.

What it looks like closed.
The red pocket is a zipper pocket that can hold change or whatever else you can fit into it.
The striped pocket can hold alot!

There are also card slots and a spot for money...or love notes...or a fruit roll up if you so desire.

And it folds up like a little envelope.
My next project is to attempt to make ties...mainly for the guys in our wedding. And after that who knows what I will create!
Have a great week. I can smell that Adam has fired up the grill so I am off to go make dinner...mmmm....grilling season is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment