For Girl Scouts I am having each girl make a bird feeder out of a recycled bottle and wooden spoons to earn their petal "I will do my best to make the world a better place."
So Chloe and I decided to try it out today.
Here are the pictures of our progress...

Step one...draw an asterisk on one side of the bottle and a circle on the opposite side...

Draw another set near the top of the bottle.

Cut the lines of the asterisk and cut out the circle with a craft knife...

Next slide a wooden spoon's end into the circle hole and through the asterisk
(the asterisk will hold the spoon into place...)

Do the same thing with the second spoon...

Next...COVER THE HOLES...
and pour the bird seed into the bottle...

Tah dah....

Tie a ribbon or string....
and hang it up....

The bird seed comes out onto the spoon part and the spoon handle that comes
of the other side is now a cute little perch for the birds to relax on....
(Like chloe's pjs?)
No comments:
Post a Comment